Sponsor Info & Downloads
Small Efforts Make a Big Change
Sponsoring is an act of love for God, for the participants in the Walk to Emmaus, for the Emmaus Community, and for the church. It is a demonstration of agape love.
A Sponsor Will:
- Pray for the participant’s openness to God’s call to discipleship.
- Make an appointment with the participant (or participating couple) to discuss his or her participation in Emmaus.
- Invite the participant to take part in Emmaus for the sake of a more vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The sponsor shares his or her faith and explains the basic purpose, elements, and follow-up dimensions of the Walk.
- Ask the participant to make a commitment by filling out a registration form. If the participant is married, the sponsor will speak with both partners and encourage an equal commitment by both spouses.
- Support the participant’s Walk through prayers and otherwise. The sponsor will also support the participant’s family by house-sitting, baby-sitting, watering plants, picking up mail, feeding pets, or just checking in with a spouse to see if any help or support is needed.
- Encourage the participant in his/her continued journey and take the participant to Emmaus “gatherings” after the Walk weekend is over.
- Help the participant re-enter his or her church and consider ways to act out new commitment and enthusiasm.
- Help the participant sponsor others.
Click here for the various forms Sponsor’s will need to use.
This “Sponsor Kit” provides a sponsor with everything needed to sponsor a Pilgrim on a Walk to Emmaus.
1) Pilgrim Registration Form
- This is filled out by the pilgrim and signed. It is helpful if the sponsor completes the sponsor information on this form before asking the Pilgrim to complete the rest of the application.
- The pilgrim or the sponsor needs to take the application to the church pastor for signature.
- The sponsor mails the completed Pilgrim’s application, Liability form and Sponsor form along with a check to the Emmaus registrar.
- If the forms and registration payment are received by the registrar 4 weeks before the Walk the cost is $165. After that the cost is $190.
2) Danbury Lodge Liability Form
- This is required by Danbury Lodge, the location of the Walk.
- It is to be filled out and signed by the pilgrim.
- Ignore the Children’s names.
3) Sponsor Form
- This form is filled out and signed by sponsor.
4) Sponsor Checklist
- This tells the sponsor everything a sponsor needs to do before, during and after a Walk
5) Sponsor's Request For Letters
- The sponsors are responsible for working with the spouse or family of the pilgrim as well as friends of the pilgrim to solicit and collect 10 to 12 or more letters to be a surprise for the pilgrim and given to the pilgrim during the weekend.
- This letter is for use by the sponsor or the family to request letters.
- These letters need to be turned in to the registration table at the walk on Thursday night when the sponsor goes to the walk with the pilgrim.
- The pilgrim should not see the letters being turned in.
6) Letter To Sponsors
- This gives sponsors information about the Walk.